Sunday, 12 February 2012

Re-vamping a necklace

I have re-vamped an old necklace to make it wearable again. It came with a purple cord but had become quite tatty, so here is my wire and bead replacement chain. 
Equipment:
28 gauge silver plated wire.
3mm pink glass beads
pink seed beads
toggle clasp
1.5mm crochet hook (although upon reflection 1.25mm would have been better)

  •  Firstly I used 40 3mm glass beads and threaded them on to the wire. Then I did 3 chain add bead 3 chain add bead - repeat until all 40 beads are used up. 
  • Fix toggle clasp to each end. 
  • Thread 114 seed beads into wire. 
  • 6 chain add 3 beads, 3 chain add 3 beads, 3 chain add three beads, repeat till end - 6 chain.
  • Fasten off and fix one end to toggle clasp. 
  • Twist the two chains together.
  • Join loose end to toggle clasp. 




bead pliers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...