Saturday, 25 February 2012

WIP Report - 2

How many WIPs? 5
How many WIPs finished since last report? 1
How many WIPs started since last report? 0

Photo Gallery
Rustic Prudence
 Pattern = Prudence Easy
Yarn I used = James C Brett - Rustic Aran
Any changes I made to the pattern? I used 4.5mm and 5mm needles (instead of 5mm and 5.5mm)

This is a very thick and warm sleeveless pullover, as the pattern says, it is slightly oversized but I like that - it's why I chose the pattern. My son says it looks like something from the 80s with big shoulder pads - a fair point but I still like it. It was a very quick and easy knit, there is another version with a cable detail at the front, which I might make next winter, although I think it would be best to use a plain yarn for that.


Grape Vine Leaves
 I have made quite a bit of progress on this but it has taken hours and hours of TV time - several films and Dancing on Ice and Call the Midwife and anything else I could find on catch up. I have decided to do the back in rib only - no pattern - or else I'll never finish it.
Rainbow Sox
 Some progress made on these at last - a nice easy cable pattern and gorgeous jewel colours that blend into each other.
Noro Sox III
Some progress here too. I'm using 3mm DPNs this time, my previous Noro Sox were done on 2.5mm and as much as I like them, I think that Silk Garden Sock is better suited to 3mm as it's not so stiff.

No progress since last report:
Soliloquy Sox
Lime Spiral

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...