Sunday, 4 March 2012

WIP Report - 3

How many WIPs? 5
How many WIPs started since last report? 0
How many WIPs finished since last report? 0

Photo Gallery
Noro Sox III

I have made a little progress on Noro Sox III - about 14 rounds - since the last report. These socks are definitely growing on me, even if they are not growing in size. At first I thought they would look like string but  as they grow I'm enjoying the oaty, wheaty look. 

Grape Vine Leaves


Above you can see above there are various patterns and notes I'm using to put this together. Karho is too small for me - so I'm only really using the grape vine pattern from there. I measured a cardigan that fits me well, to get a general idea of where I was going with this. Then I used some of the stitch amounts from the Cable Cardigan in Debbie Bliss' Land Girls pattern book. The yarn I'm using - Stylecraft Life 4 ply - has the same tension as yarn used in the pattern book.




 Quite a bit of progress made this week but when I divided for the neck I realised that I have made a monumental error - can you spot it?



Look closely at the armhole cast off here....


And now look closely at the armhole cast off here ...

I have ten stitches too many on the right armhole. Basically that 10 should have been 5 stitches on each side.

Well I couldn't face frogging - so I shall do the back 10 stitches less, overlap the seam when I sew it up and then block it to within an inch of it's life!

Overall I like the pattern - I just wish it was a quicker knit as I would like to wear it whilst it is still cold.


Other WIPs

Soliloquy Sox - No progress since last report.
Lime Spiral  - No progress since last report.
Rainbow Sox - No progress since last report.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Chris I am sure when you block it and sew it up you will make it fit and after all it will be mainly under your arm!, I should think by now it is finnished, and you are wearing it (now the weather is a bit milder ;-))

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...