Monday, 21 May 2012

WIP Report 11

How many WIPs? 3
Minty Squares, Pearl Drops, Soliloquy Sox

How many WIPs started since last report? 3
Minty Squares, Flower Picture, Birthday Necklace

How many WIPs completed since last report? 3
Rainbow Sox, Flower Picture, Birthday Necklace

Photo Gallery

Completed WIPs

Rainbow Sox

Yarn: Rico Design Superba Poems
Equipment: 5 x 2.5mm dpns



I love the colours in this yarn but it was really difficult to match sock 2 to sock 1 - as you can see in the right hand sock there are stripes not blends. Sadly I couldn't avoid this as the yarns didn't run in the same order and I ran out of orange and pink.

The photo makes it look like I have massive feet - they are 6 and a half - the rib/cable pattern makes the leg look thinner - but they fit like a glove - or a sock!


Flower Picture

I have already blogged about this in detail here. Just to say it was my first attempt at artwork and I am quite pleased with the result. 

Birthday Necklace

I made a little threaded necklace for my friend for her birthday. 


New WIP

Minty Squares

Continuing my 80s revival - I am knitting another summer top from the decade of power dressing and shoulder pads!

This time it isn't a pattern from the stash I found in my attic (Memory Lane) it is a pattern I found in a charity shop whilst I was looking for vintage patterns. 


The pattern is from the Sirdar Sunseeker Collection - it was originally knitted in Sirdar's Linen Touch, so I have chosen Patons Linen Shadow for my twenty first-century version.












Continuing WIPs

Soliloquy Sox

No progress - this WIP is now my travelling WIP and will only be completed on long journeys. 

Pearl Drops


I found 11 large pearls and a box of little ones, so I'm just sewing this together as and when I feel like it!




3 comments:

  1. Some great projects, love the rainbow socks. I was so happy to manage to knit myself a pair, I shall definitely be doing more.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, you are so busy! Lots of gorgeous projects as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments:) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...