Tuesday, 19 June 2012

African Flower Bag - Part 2

Assembling the Bag

This is where it can all go horribly wrong. 


24 hexagons and 4 new napkins (found in a charity ship for £2.59) 

One side

Other side



Top edging 

 Top Edging

I crocheted half trebles around the top edge of the bag - I decided to do three rows in each colour.
On rounds 2, 3 and 4 I decreased by skipping 2 spaces at the joins - this has the effect of straightening out the bag and giving the top some shape. 


Decreasing at the join.

3 rounds done in each colour. 

The Bottom

I wasn't sure how I was going to do this - but this is what emerged! I crocheted another 6 flowers. Then sewed them to the bottom as shown in the pictures. 


All 6 new flowers sewn in to the bottom of the bag. 

Gap left to fill. 

Round 1 - half treble into each space.  
Round 2 and subsequent rounds - half-treble into each space - decrease at join as above - until space is closed up. 

Round 1

Round 2

Bottom complete

A variety of angles of the bag now assembled. 




















1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Very individual, very creative too!
    I seem to go through stages with crochet,I have lots and lots of squares....
    May have to join up and make some thing productive too!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...