Friday, 1 June 2012

Garden Diary - 1st June 2012


The First Day of Summer 2012

Have a tour round my garden on the first day of summer. 

The Jewel Pots

I want my patio tubs to be rich jewel colours - mixed with herb pots. So far the winter pansies I planted back in November are still holding their own. 
Three Cornish succulents are growing well and I have strawberries. 

You can just see a Lily at the back of the pansies. 

The Cool Bed

Newly planted area by pond - redistributed daisies, hollyhocks and an agapantha. 

Quite newly planted, salvia and penstemon cuttings from last year and some pinks. 

Daisy madness

Newly planted end of bed - penstemons, hollyhocks and a large poppy. 

First salvias of the summer in bloom. 

Astrantia  - given to me by a friend last year and looking blooming lovely.

Luscious Lupins - my favourite bloom today.  
I'm quite pleased with this border - the idea was to restore it to a cottage border and I think it is coming along well. 

 The Hot Bed


No blooms yet but lots of promise from the lobelias and carnations. 

The Wendy House


Courgettes growing well but no flowers as yet. 
















Tomatoes and salad



















3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the garden walk! Your flowers are looking lovely - I especially love the Lupin, such a vibrant pink! - and the cottage garden looks like its been there a long while! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is doing so well in your garden, it is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh your garden must keep you busy!
    It's just lovely...
    I also love Lupins, there is something so wild and magical about them..
    Hope you get time to enjoy this weekend,I for one will be having a Pimms or two
    hehe...
    Mariax

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...