Thursday, 26 July 2012

Book Review - AA by Nicholas Marsh

A Novel of the Twenty-Forth Century



Earlier this year I read AA by Nicholas Marsh, it was given to me for my birthday by one of his family members and as such is signed by the author. (Always nice to have a signed copy.)

This book is set in the 24th Century and is based around the idea that from the age of five humans are psycho-analysed by machines, in turn their emotions are controlled by sessions at the AA and everyone is happy. There is of course no choice but to go to the machines. 

The story follows Simon, who questions whether or not he should let the machines control his emotions and begins to wonder if it is better to feel emotion no matter how painful. 

Whilst I like watching Sci-Fi, I don't tend to read it that often - so I wouldn't have read this had it not been given to me and that would have been a shame. It is one of those books that makes you think. It made me think about emotion on a personal level but also the affect of emotions on a global level; after all if we were all in control of our emotions would there be war and conflict?

So if you like a bit of Sci Fi and emotional turmoil then I can thoroughly recommend this "Twenty-Forth Century Novel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...