Sunday, 26 August 2012

Book Review - How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff




I was given this book by a friend as part of World Book Night 2012, as such it probably not a book I would have come across otherwise. I think it is primarily a book for teenagers but don't let that put you off, this is very good read. It put me in mind of The Hand Maidens Tale by Margaret Attwood, except that this book centres around a group of teenagers. 

The book sucks you in from the very first page and is very engaging, when I began the book I knew nothing about the story that was likely to unfold and I was quite surprised at direction it took. 

The story, set in the present day, is about how a group of teenagers cope without any adults to look after them when a world war breaks out. It covers the breakdown of society and the brutality of war, but mostly it focuses on the overwhelming desire of humans to survive. 

I thoroughly recommend this book to teenagers and adults alike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...