Thursday, 6 September 2012

Book Review - True Believer by Nicholas Sparks


By the time I got to Ho Chi Minh City airport for the first leg of my flight home - I had read all of the books I took away with me. So I wandered over to the book stall to see what I could find. There weren't a lot of books in English and most of the ones that were, were by Nicholas Sparks - he of The Notebook fame. So I chose this one and headed off to the plane.

It is another of those "Boy meets girl and they don't get along at first..." stories. The story is plotted around the idea that there are ghostly goings on in a cemetery and the "boy" (a TV celeb) flies in from New York to investigate. Whilst there he meets and falls in love with small town girl, who is a feisty character, as is her nan.

A nice gentle read, with enough social history to keep me interested. However not as much social history as my next book, but you'll have to wait to find out about that one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Celtic Beanie

Using the pattern  Oxenhope  I made this bigger by adding another pattern repeat, I also wanted a fold over 2x2 cuff - but I didn't ...