Monday, 29 October 2012

WIP Report 19


How many WIPS? 3


Soliloquy Socks 
Celtic Knot Gloves
Christmas Tree Art


How many WIPS started since last report? 3


Aegean Sea Mash Up
Caramel Mash Up
Rose Garden 


How many WIPS completed since last report? 4


Aegean Sea Mash Up
Caramel Mash Up
Rose Garden
Blueberry Beanie

How many FOs revamped since last report? 1

Summer Breeze is now Winter Woolly


Photo Gallery


Aegean Sea Mash Up


Aegean Sea because of the turquoise colours.
Mash Up because lots of beads are reused and recycled and mixed up to create something new. 
 

The finished Aegean Sea Mash Up

Here's how the Aegean Sea Mash Up became a necklace. 

1) Look for similar shades of beads in the Treasure Chest. Most of these are recycled from a bracelet bought for 50p. 

2) Wash them. 

In soak.


I use InfaCare - a gentle baby bubble bath. 

Dry them off. 










3) Divide them into two groups of 65.
4) Thread the first 65- try to spread out evenly small and large beads. 

Threaded beads waiting for the hook!



5) Using crochet cotton and a 1.25mm hook - 5 chain, bead, 2 chain, bead.

In this case if it was a large bead I did 3 chain. For smaller beads I brought them up 2 at a time. 

6) Join the two crocheted ropes and in this case I added a silver chain fastening.


The finished article - a birthday present for a friend. 


Rose Garden

Using bead wire and a 1.5mm hook.
I got these beads in a sale they cost £3 in total. 
I thought they would suit my friend's daughter as she is very girly, so here is my first Christmas Present made.

1) Thread the beads onto the wire in the order you want. 
2) I did 10 chain, bead, 2 chain bead etc 
3) Fasten the toggle clasp.




Caramel Mash Up

A second Christmas present made - this time for my cousin. 

1) Select beads and divide into two groups of equal numbers. These beads are part of my haul from the RSPCA as seen in this Treasure Chest, I just added a variety of seed beads and some gold beads. 
2) Thread in order you require - I had 30 seed beads each end and two seed beads in between each larger bead throughout the main part of the necklace.
3) I did 8 chain then 2 seed beads, 1 chain, x 15
4) 1 large bead,1 chain, 2 seed beads, 1 chain - repeat
5) Attach a clasp



I hope she likes it!

Revamped FO: from Summer Breeze to Winter Woolly


Sadly Summer Breeze was too thick for summer, then I washed it and it shrunk a bit too. So I decided to redo the neck and make the armholes bigger. It can now be worn with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath and looks great with jeans:)

Now a sleeveless winter woolly!

Celtic Knot Gloves

Using up left over yarn from Grape Vine Leaves - these are coming along well. I am going to make a Sockhead Hat to go with it. 



Lastly - the Blueberry Beanie

Blogged about here
For my friend's birthday - to go with the Aegean Sea Mash Up

2 comments:

  1. I love your sparkly creations they have turned out so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for saying so:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...