Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Out and About - The Tower of London

Old and New


What I love about London is the juxtaposition of old and new buildings - take a look at some of these photos round by the Tower of London. 


The London Assembly Building and the gateway to the Tower of London

The Shard and more building works - nothing stays still. 

The Gherkin and 18th Century offices

The Gherkin and the Willis building. 

Guy's Hospital and the Shard

Going into the Tower - not through Traitor's Gate!



Tower Bridge with 20th-century tower blocks in the distance.

The fabulous White Tower. 




I also love partially obscured views. 



So many people have looked out of this window in the White Tower. 


What a mix of centuries - but they look fantastic next to each other - a visual history of London. 


More of London's skyline spanning a millennia. 

I love this: Roman wall, Medieval castle, 18th-century, 19th-century, 20th-century and 21st-century and a London Bus!

Many years ago I worked in an office with a desk overlooking the Tower of London - it was the best view ever from a city desk.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Daffy, I love the Tower of London! Your pictures are great, contrasting the old and the new. Looks like you all had a great time!

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - we had a lovely day out, my friends two boys were a delight to be with. x

      Delete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...