Sunday, 16 December 2012

What I did during the semi-final of Strictly.

Like many fellow crafters, whilst watching TV I don't like to sit idly doing nothing. So I decided to use the time spent watching the Strictly semi-final to make some jewellery.

Project 1 - Ethereal Pendant

Using some beads from my Treasure Chest haul on Friday 13th October, together with some delightful luminous green balls I have had for a while, I threaded them onto some beading wire and fixed them with a barrel clasp. The balls are not quite as luminous as the photo suggests but they do have an interesting ethereal glow to them.




















Project 2 - Wild Earrings

Using some beads from another Treasure Chest haul, together with some earring wires and some crochet cotton. I came up with some very dangly earrings for my friend who loves long earrings. 


I took out two sections from the necklace and hooked them on to the earring wire. Then I made two crocheted flowers. I attached a wooden ball and a wooden seed bead to the bottom of the flower to give it weight.

Crochet Notes for the flowers:

Anchor Freccia 12
1.25mm hook

8 chain - join with slip stitch to form a ring.
3 chain then 14 trebles into the ring - slip stitch into top of 3 chain to join ring.
3chain then 2 trebles into first space
*1chain, slip stitch into next space 1 chain
3 trebles into next space*

Repeat from * to * slip stitch into base of first 3 chain to join round and fasten off.

Strictly - who should go!

The dancers are all fab but I think Lisa has had her time now and she should be the one who doesn't get to the final. As for who should win - all of the rest deserve it - so it's anyone's guess really. 


2 comments:

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...