Sunday, 9 December 2012

WIP Report 21


How many WIPS? 3


Soliloquy Socks 
Stained Glass Scarf
Sparkly Silver Cables


How many WIPS started since last report? 10

Beach Glass x 2
Crystal Tips
Hatty Mash Up
Irish Wurm
Stained Glass Scarf
Sparkly Silver Cables
Twilight Baubles
Christmas Party Necklace
Icey Berry Necklace




How many WIPS completed since last report? 10


Beach Glass x 2

Winter Wurm
Hatty Mash Up
Christmas Tree Art
Irish Wurm
Crystal Tips
Twilight Baubles

Christmas Party Necklace
Icey Berry Necklace


Gallery

Winter Wurm and Irish Wurm

I am loving this hat and haven't really taken it off since the last thread was woven in. I used the Wurm by Katharina Nopp. For the Winter Wurm I only did 8 purl sections before casting off. I used Wendy Mode on 4mm needles. The only other alteration I made was to sew up the band afterwards rather than knit it together - I did try knitting it together but it went all slanty.

 I then used the pattern as the basis of Irish Wurm  - for my friend.This time I did 2 purl sections, an intarsia pattern of 25 rows and then another 4 sections of purl before casting off and I used James C Brett Merino.
You can find the intarsia pattern here on Ravelry.




Other hats and scarves

Hatty Mash Up



I used Exhale from Let's Knit and Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted. I did a rib edge and added an extra pattern repeat. If I did it again I'd do two extra pattern repeats for a wider hat.

Stained Glass Scarf


Using Spectra by Stephen West I'm loving this so far. 

Necklaces for Christmas Pressies


Beach Glass x 2




Crystal Tips

Necklaces for Me

Twilight Baubles


Christmas Party Necklace

Icy Berry Necklace


Christmas Tree Art


Sparkly Silver Cables

I decided I needed a silver version of Minty Cables which I wear all the time. So after an extensive search I came up with Adrifil Giada - which was on special offer at The Only Way is Knitting formly known as We Three in Brentwood Essex. £4.25 a ball - bargin!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...