Yarn: Adriafil Giada 9 skeins
Needles: 3.75 mm, 4.00 mm, 3.25 mm (Circular), cable needle
- Chest - 42 inches
- Length - 24.5 inches
- Length to armhole 14.5 inches
Instructions for the back:
- Cast on 146sts using 3.75mm needles.
- Change to 4mm needles.
- Row 1 - P16, *K6, P12, K6* repeat to last 16 - purl them.
- Row 2 - work stitches as set.
- Rows 3 to 6 - repeat 1 and 2.
- Row 7 - P16 *cable 3 to the back, K3 then K3 from cable needle, P12, C3B* repeat to last 16 - purl.
- Row 8 - work stitches as set.
These 8 rows form the pattern - keep correct throughout.
- Repeat until you have 13 cables completed - end on a row 8.
- Cast off 8 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows.
- Decrease 1 stitch at each end for the next 14 rows = 102 sts. ***
- Continue until you have 24 cables complete - end on row 8.
- Cast off 30, knit middle 42 onto 3.25mm circular needle, cast off 30.
Instructions for front:
Same to ***
- Knit to middle 2 stitches - put them on a safety pin, turn.
- Decrease 1 st - work to end.
- Continue to decrease on wrong side rows only until 30 stitches remain.
- Work until 24 cables have been completed, finish on row 8 - cast off
- Work across stitches waiting.
- Decrease on wrong side row as above and complete to match.
- Using 3.25mm circular needle - K1 P1 across 42 stitches at back of neck.
- Pick up and K1 P1 - 58 stitches down the left side of the neck.
- K2tog for the 2 middle stitches on a safety pin.
- Pick up and K1 P1 - 58 stitches up the right side of the neck.
- Row 1 K1 P1 all the way round.
- Row 2 - 6 = K1 P1 until 2 sts before middle stitch - S1 K1 PSSO, Knit middle stitch, knit 2 tog, K1 P1 to end of row.
- Cast off loosely.
Armholes x 2
- Pick up and K1 P1 - 72 stitches along each arm edge = 144 stitches in total.
- K1 P1 rib for 6 rows.
- Cast off loosely
I sewed up the seams with a similar coloured DK because Giada is a bit bumpy with the sequins.
Weave all ends in and block!