Saturday, 12 January 2013

WIP Report 23

How many WIPs? 4


Soliloquy Socks 
Stained Glass Scarf
Magic Jeck
Odds and Ends Needle Case

How many WIPs started since last report? 2


Odds and Ends Needle Case
Starflower Phone Sock

How many WIPs revamped since last report? 0


How many WIPs completed since last report? 1


Starflower Phone Sock

Gallery


Firstly I have to admit that I haven't worked on either pairs of socks because my crafty time has been largely taken up with these two delightful projects. 

Stained Glass Scarf



I am using the pattern Spectra by Stephen West - available to buy on Ravelry. I thought I might get bored knitting wedge after wedge, but the colour changes keep you interested. I am loving how it looks so far:)


Odds and Ends Needle Case


 For ages now I have been on the look out for a new knitting needle case but nothing has really grabbed my attention, so I thought I'd make one. Inspired by the lovely projects on Attic 24 and Lucy's How to Hexagon tutorial, I decided to use up all of my odds and ends to make a needle case. I plan to line it with tea towels and actually get my sewing machine out to create the little pockets for the needles.




Here is my bag of odds and ends - just old bits of DK acrylic from toy making and free bits of yarn from Let's Knit magazine. 



The only pattern I'm using for this is that each hexagon must have one colour matching to one colour in one of the adjacent hexagons and all hexagons are finished in white. I'm using Lucy's (Attic  24) join as you go method.


Starflower Phone Sock


I put this together in an afternoon, again using odds ends. 
The instructions are here.

Well that's me up to date - I hope everyone copes OK with the cold weather about to hit us in the UK  - stay warm and crafty.
Daffy
XXXX

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris the knitting needle case looks great and very conected. When ever I make hexagons they always look too random and not conected. the little phone cover is great too

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...