Sunday, 31 March 2013

Crochet Notes - Ollie Owl Blanket

Ollie Owl - buggy blanket!



Yarn Used:
Stylecraft Life DK + oddments of white and orange

Amount:
1 x 100g of oatmeal, 1 x 100g of royal blue, 2 x 100g of mid-blue, 25g orange and white.

Equipment:
4mm crochet hook,
yarn sewing needle
24 black buttons


Squares

Using the It's a Hoot pattern by Amanda Wheeldon found here on Ravelry - make 12 owl squares.
Using the same pattern but omitting the owl - make 16 mid-blue squares and 6 royal blue squares.
Sew together and weave in ends.


Trim

Using royal blue work 2 round in trebles - at the corner do 2 trebles, 2 chain, 2 trebles.
(I actually ran out of royal blue three quarters of the way round the second row of trebles - luckily I had bought a second ball - but you could use mid-blue for the second round).



4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Once I get all my pesky Christmas blankets out of the way, I might just have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I may be stupid & haven't tried yet, but iv purchased the pattern from Amanda Wheeldon & am about to start, i love the fact that you have incorporated the plain squares & i would like to do the same myself - by "omitting the owl pattern" do you mean do the pattern as it is written, but all in one colour? - because i cant see any trace of the owl in your blue squares (hopefully its as simple as this) - if not i can't work out what else i would replace rows 4 & 5 with - but still end up with the same size square .....if this makes sense!! lol! - your help in this matter would be much appreciated!! TIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - it was a long time ago now but I think I just left off the pointy bits for the ears and carried on the round as without them.

    Hope this helps.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your help, yes I just continued in the round, making sure I increased to 48 stitches at the end of round 4 & 52 stitches at the end of round 5 (increasing evenly in the round) :-) iv finished and I would like to post a photo - but cant work out how lol :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...