Using the Crochet Necklace with Buttons by Alessandra Hayden pattern I adapted it to suit my preference for beads over buttons.
Crochet cotton - I used DMC Petra No. 5
50 beads for dangles
60 seed beads for extra decoration
Collapsible head bead needle
Neck fastening clasp
- Thread 50 beads onto cotton in the order you want.
- Chain 50 stitches for neckband.
- Begin dangle - chain 5 - add bead, chain 5 add bead, chain 5 add bead, chain 5 add bead, chain 5 add bead, chain 5 - slip stitch into first chain of the first set of 5 chains to form a dangle.
- Chain 5 for space between dangles.
- Repeat until you have 10 dangles.
- Chain 50.
- Chain 2 for first half treble.
- Half treble into each chain along the row to form the band.
- Attach neck clasp
- Add seed beads in groups of two if you wish - using collapsible head bead needle.
I think the possibilities are endless with this pattern:)