Sunday, 14 April 2013

Crochet Notes - Plum Blossom Cushion


Yarns: 

Oatmeal - Stylecraft Life DK - 100g
Plum - Rico Essentials Merino DK - 100g
Purple - leftover Lang 4 ply sock yarn (used double) c. 25g

Cushion: 

£3.99 bargain from Poundstretcher. (16 inches)

Instructions


Flowers: 

Use the African Flower Hexagon - this time I added a round of trebles - on the points of the flowers I did 2 trebles 2 chain 2 trebles - just to make them more defined.



I did 22 hexagons and I hand sewed them together.

Edging:

I did around of trebles - with the exception of the straight edges along the top of the two hexagons that poke out on the top and the bottom on the above picture - here I did double crochets.

Then I did and extra row of trebles on the indented bits between the two hexagons that poke out along the top and bottom. I started with a 3 chain and finished with a double crochet into the straight edge - this seemed to blend in well.

Construction:

Next I sewed all the ends in.
Then I pinned the African Flower fabric to the cushion cover that I had bought - keeping the zip open.
Then I hand stitched them together - here is the reverse side of the cushion.


Then I blocked the cover and hey presto - it was all complete:)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Chris, I have just learned to crochet, these squares are beautiful and inspiring

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sue - they are really easy to do too.

      Delete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...