Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Garden Diary - 3rd July 2013

Things that just grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst wandering around my garden it amazes me that - despite all of my hard work - there are beautiful plants that just grow. I don't plan them or buy them, they are not given to me - they just grow.

Here are a few examples:

The Rose Campion is probably the most stunning now and there are several large clumps of it along the Cool Bed, beautifully blending in with the Penstemons and Salvias.

You can also see some very welcome Foxgloves to the left, a Golden Rod in the top middle and gorgeous wispy Nigellas to the right. In the front left is a beautiful white flower of which I do not know the name, but more of them are welcome to grow anytime.


There is always some Green Alkanet and some St John's Wort, I pull most of it up but sometimes it is useful for ground cover.



The Eurphorbia is now past it's brightest but still makes a welcome sight in the bed. 




In my Hot Bed a white flower has just grown - again I don't know what it is.



This year I have loads of Campanulas waiting to burst forth with delightful blue flowers - I don't know where they came from but they can stay:)



Here is another Euphorbia I think - it is more of a burgundy colour and just arrived out of nowhere.



And lastly the Buddleia - which seeds itself all the time - but I let this one grow - it will look fab draped over the patio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...