Yarn: Adriafil Giada
Needles: 3.25mm 3.25mm circuclar needle and 4mm
Yarn sewing needle
Oddment of similar colour yarn without the sequins for sewing up.
Length: 23 inches / 58 cm
Length to armhole: 13 inches / 33 cm
Armhole to shoulder: 10 inches / 25 cm
Finished chest size: 45 inches / 112 cm
I first made this top in about 1984 - using pink Sirdar Sunseeker Spree (a long since discontinued yarn), sadly I couldn't find any photos of me wearing it and sadder still - this version is much bigger:(.
Here are my Knitting Knotes for my adaptation of this pattern.
- Using 3.25mm - cast on 125 sts and knit 18 rows in K1 P1 rib - increase 1 st at the end of the last row.
- Change to 4mm and knit in stocking stitch until work measures 14 inches.
- Cast on 2 sts at the beginning of the next 10 rows = 146 sts.
- Begin lace pattern. ***
- Knit the lace pattern of 20 rows twice, then do 12 rows of the next pattern.
- Divide for neck using stocking stitch - 40-66-40.
- Knit 40 turn - stocking stitch 5 rows - cast off.
- Put middle 66 on a holder and repeat the other side.
- Same as back until ***
- Knit 20 rows of the lace pattern twice then knit 2 rows of the next pattern.
- Divide for neck - 50-46-50.
- Complete one side at a time (put middle 46 onto a holder).
- Continue in lace pattern for 10 rows - decreasing 1 stitch at neck edge on alternate rows.
- Change to stocking stitch and knit 5 rows - cast off.
- using 3.25 mm circular needle pick up 120 sts and knit 5 row in 1x1 rib - then cast off.
- using 3.25 mm circular needle pick up 23 sts down left front, 46 sts across front and 23 sts up right front - then 6 sts down right back, 66 sts across the back and 6 sts up the left back.
- Knit 12 rows in 1x1 rib - then cast off.
Sew in all lose ends and block seams.
I love this and I'm sure will wear it all summer - love the drape of Giada.