Sunday, 25 August 2013

Garden Diary - 25th August 2013

Delightful Dahlias.........


At last my Dahlias are blooming beautifully, I grew most of them from corms so I'm quite proud of them, take a look. 

Sir Alf Ramsey



This is quite simply the biggest Dahlia I have ever seen - it is called a Mero Star. 



Roxy


However I'm still anticipating the Asters which are all in bud but taking a painfully long time to bloom. 

Some are annuals grown from seed.


Some are grown from last year such as this Aster Chatterbox.


Some are new plants from the nursery.


And this beautiful blue Aster which I bought last year is budding but much smaller than last year.



Lastly, it has been a brilliant year for butterflies and here is a Peacock one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...