Sunday, 20 October 2013

Knitting Knotes - Rustic Pru 2

After knitting Rustic Prudence back in February 2012, I found that I had a whopping 360g left over - this was because James C Brett - Rustic Aran comes in 400g balls. 

I have worn Rustic Prudence a lot - but it is quite a big over-sized garment, so I wondered if I could make a smaller version with the left overs.

And the answer was yes I could:)




Just.......... 


Instructions

Yarn: 360g James C Brett - Rustic Aran
Needles: 4.5mm and 4.5mm circular and 5mm
Measurements: Chest - 124cm and Length - 61cm


Back:
  • Cast on with 4.5mm - 106 sts, K2 P2 for 20 rows.
  • Change to 5mm and decrease to 90 sts.
  • Knit 35 cms in stocking stitch.
  • Cast off 4sts at beg of next 2 rows = 82 sts.**
  • Dec 1 st each end on next 5 alt rows = 72 sts.
  • Continue until length for armhole is 25 cms.
  • Cast off 8 sts at the beg of the next 4 rows = 40sts.
  • Put sts on a holder.
Front:
  • Same to **
  • Next row - Dec 1 st at beg - Divide for front - knit 40sts turn. 
  • Dec 1 st at neck edge on alt purl rows as well as ........
  • Dec 1 st at arm edge a further 4 times = 31sts
  • Continue with neck edge decrease until 16 sts are on the needle.
  • Continue straight until arm is 25c ms.
  • Cast off 8 sts at the beg on the next 2 rows. 
  • Match shaping on the other side. 
Join all seams.

Armholes:

Pick up 118 sts using 4.5 mm and knit 3 rows in K2 P2 rib - cast off loosely. 

Neck:

Pick up 58 sts down one side of the neck, pick up 2 in the middle (ensure these are K2) pick up 58 sts up the other side and 40 sts from holder along the back neck. 

Knit 10 rows in K2 P2 rib.

Middle sts - 2 sts before middle 2 - K2 tog and 2 sts after middle 2, SSK. 

Cast off loosely. 

Weave in ends and block!








2 comments:

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...