Sunday, 9 February 2014

Baddow Socks





Baddow Socks - so called because I bought the yarn in a gorgeous little yarn shop in Great Baddow, just outside Chelmsford called Yarn Therapy - sadly the shop has now shut due to a family relocation. Such a shame as the couple that ran the shop were lovely and friendly.

I used the basic sock pattern Opal Sock Yarn - 4 ply pattern to complete these socks and the yarn is Zitron Trekking Hand Art more details here on Ravelry.

Here I was just starting out........


......... which according to my Ravelry page was 7th October 2013.



And here they are on 9th February 2014 - all finished and ready to wear - a welcome addition to my colourful sock drawer:) 

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried sock knitting. I think that's mainly because I have been scared of dpns until fairly recently. Your socks look great, but I don't see myself embarking on sock knitting any time soon!

    Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can manage a square and that's it. Oh to have the talent to make such gorgeous socks, Jon would die for these! x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...