Monday, 24 February 2014

Crochet Notes - Sock Blanket - Part Two

Joining the squares

First I sorted the squares into the original sock projects. 
This wasn't massively helpful because a lot of the socks used multi-coloured yarn. 


My first idea was to have a black/grey cross diagonally across the blanket, then arrange in colour groups. However - at the time I thought this looked very messy and so I decided against it. Looking at it now I really like it and I think it might have been a better option, largely because you get a better sense of the blue and purple in this version. Hey ho - that's life:)



Next I tried a diagonally colour phased arrangement - which I quite liked - so that became choice. I used the long white tail ends and stitched it together roughly whilst it was still on the floor. 




When I picked it up it came off the floor in groups - but all the squares were joined somewhere. I began by sewing the biggest section together. Then the smaller sections - until I was left with one last chunk to untangle and sew together. 



You will notice that I had a 15 x 15 square blanket - I also had ten squares remaining - and had to decide what to do with them, in the end I didn't use them. Once all of the sections were complete I held my breath and hoped they all fitted. At first they didn't but I had the main section upside down - doh!



Finally all the squares were together - with those ends weaved in and this is the result.......


Just the border to add now ..........

1 comment:

  1. That is looking lovely. I sickened myself of blankets, having to complete 3 for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...