Saturday, 1 February 2014

Knitting Knotes - Fuchsia Cables Jumper

Yes it's big - but I love it!
It has taken me ages - from November 16th 2013 to February 1st 2014 but it was worth it and as we have had no snow yet - it may be finished just in time for the cold snap. 

Pattern: Stylecraft Life Aran 8712
Yarn: Stylecraft Life Aran - 700g
Needles: 4.5mm, 4.5mm circular, 5mm and a cable needle.

Chest: 44in 112cm
Length: 28in 71cm
Length to arm: 18in 46cm
Neck: 3in 7.5cm

Adaptations to the pattern:

I used the 112/117cm size.

For the back and front I decided to add a ribbed edge at the bottom.

Cast on 106sts with 4.5mm.
25 rows of k2p2
Increase to 128sts and change to 5mm.
Commence pattern at the 5mm change over. 
I then followed the instructions to complete each piece. 


Back in November 2013





For the sleeves - again I added a rib and I didn't do the cable pattern.

Cast on 44sts with 4.5mm.
20 rows k2p2.
Increase to 50 sts and then change to 5mm.
Commence pattern at the 5mm change over. 
I then followed the instructions to complete each piece. 



Neck - I followed all instructions but I only did 3inches 7.5cms - I tried it on and any more would have looked silly on me. 





1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Even if it gets freezing, the bright colour will look cheerful! I think we are all in need of a splash of colour and brightness.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...