Sunday, 1 June 2014

Bag to Cushion Conversion


Back on the 1st May I posted my crochet notes for the Canterbury Bag, which I was quite pleased with and was using regularly.

However, my auntie and uncle have recently had their living room painted and have changed their colour scheme from red to blue. They also bought a black leather suite and so they needed to change their soft furnishings too. I noticed that the bag went quite well with the new arrangement and so I decided to do a little conversion.

I unpicked the bag and was left with the four middle squares and the three white rounds.

For the left cushion I did 1 round in Echo, then I did 1 round in Smooth of groups of four double trebles. Then I did a round of groups of four trebles and to finish groups of three trebles.

For the right cushion 1 round in Echo, then I did 1 round in Smooth of groups of three double trebles. Then I did a round of groups of three trebles in Smooth and to finish groups of three trebles in Smoothie.

I bought two cushions in Poundstretcher for £6.99 each (they are black) and I attached the front pieces to the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...