Saturday, 20 September 2014

Crochet Notes - Study Bag

Finished Study Bag containing 2 lever arch folders. 

Equipment:

Bag to cover - I used a bag for life type bag - this one was given to me on a spa day.
4mm hook
Three shades of yarn.

  • Twilley's Freedom Echo
  • Patterns Smoothie
  • Gedifra Samina

Crochet Hexagon Throw pattern - you can find it here on Ravelry.
Yarn sewing needle.
Scissors (obviously!)



Measurements:

Width: 50cm
Length: 50cm
Strap length: 60cm



Bag


Make enough hexagons to cover your bag - I did them all the same.
Join as you go.
I made 45 hexagons which gave me five rounds of nine hexagons.

After 4 rounds of hexagons. 


 To fill in gaps along the bottom I made three squares for the bottom in the same style.


I also did 2 rounds of half trebles in my edging colour around the top of the bag. 


Straps X 2

Chain 95 stitches. 
One row of trebles.
Change to edging colour - 1 round of half-trebles. 
Sew on using edging colour to blend in. 




1 comment:

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...