Sunday, 5 October 2014

Crochet Notes - Yoma Bag





Last year I went Christmas shopping with some friends in Brighton, it was a lovely day out, pottering around the lanes, looking for unusual gifts and having the obligatory lunch with a bottle of wine. Whilst there I treated myself to a new purse in a shop called Yoma and they gave it to me in this delightful little red bag for life. It has a lovely strong black piping and swirls and I thought it would make a nice little project bag. Well it has taken a while - but here it is.

In my stash was 3 balls of Roxy and they proved just right for the occasion.


Yarn: 3 balls of Wendy Roxy and 3 balls of Wendy Mode DK
Hook: 4mm

Make 18 squares like this:

Roxy Circles:
6 chain
Round 1:12 trebles
Round 2:12 x 2 trebles
Round 3:12 x 3 trebles

Black Square:
Round 4: 3 chain, 2 trebles, 2 chain, 3 trebles, **2 x 3 trebles, corner - 3 trebles, 2 chain, 3 trebles, repeat from ** until you have to join the round with a slip stitch.

Round 5: Go round again.

2 x black squares for the bottom.
As above but all black.

Handles
90 Chain - treble into each chain, treble round the end and up the other side - fasten off.











2 comments:

  1. Lovely. An excellent bag made even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, great upcycling (I think that is what you call it lol ) xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...