Sunday, 16 November 2014

Crochet Notes - Christmas Cushion


Christmas Cushion


Using Starflower Hexagon by Julie Mnemosyne - I always thought this pattern would double up as a great Poinsettia and I'm pleased with the results. My first Christmas decoration of the year.

Equipment:
3.75mm hook
yellow DK
2 shades of red DK
green DK

Red pillow case
Stuffing

Right to left:
- yellow = rounds 1 and 2
- red = rounds 3,4 and 5
- dark red = round 6
- green = rounds 7 and 8




Finished fabric with a round of trebles, half trebles and double crochet. 


With the pillow case.

I pinned the fabric onto the pillow case, cut around the shape with a cm border and then sewed around border so that there was a pocket for stuffing. I stuffed the pocket and sewed up the opening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...