Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Crochet Notes - Issue 22 Granny Bag


Do you ever buy crafty magazines but never make anything from them? All too often if you're anything like me - however Simply Crochet - Issue 22 came up trumps in the Granny Square inspiration department. I used three grannies from this issue to make a new bag and I'm very pleased with the results.



Yarn:
1 x ball of Adriafil Primula - 50g
1 x Stylecraft Life DK - 100g
2 x King Cole Giza - 100g

Hook: 4mm

12 x squares of Petal.
12 x squares of Granny Joyce
10 x squares of Perfect Pencil Case

Main panels:
12 squares - 6 of petal and 6 of Granny Joyce - use joins as you go.
I changed Granny Joyce as follows: Round 3 = groups of 4 not 3 trebles.


Granny Joyce

Perfect Pencil Case

Perfect Scent


Once the panel is formed it needs edging: I used trebles and did 3 rows at the top and bottom and 1 row at the side.



For the side and bottom panels I used 10 squares of the Perfect Pencil Case square - I added two more rounds in the same manner and then a third round in the contrast colour and used this to join the squares as I went.




For the edging of the side panel I did exactly the same as the main panels.
I then sewed the ends in and sewed it all together and joined it to the bag for life.

For the straps I used 120 chain, followed by trebles in each of the chains. Then to edge it I did double crochets all the way round.



2 comments:

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...