Thursday, 22 January 2015

Crochet Notes - Summer Garden Picnic Blanket - the start.

This is one of those "use up the leftover yarn" projects. This time I'm getting rid of my double knit, using up leftovers and those small balls you get free with Let's Knit magazine.


So you can see there are some sparkly yarns and a variety of textures. I am using a 3.75mm hook and the Flowers in the Snow pattern available here on Ravelry. This pattern is also available on the designer's blog (Solveig Grimstad) here. Sadly there isn't a lot of blue - this is because I used it all on my Canterbury Bag II recently, so I shall have to remedy that.

I don't have a massive plan for setting out the colours except for the following:
  • The centre is a sunflower.
  • Round 1 of all the other squares will be yellow or orange.
  • When joining the squares (using join as you go) there will not be two colours the same next to each other.
  • At present I plan to have the last round of squares all green with a white frame (to represent a grassy border) but I might put a sunflower in each corner. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it grow.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Celtic Beanie

Using the pattern  Oxenhope  I made this bigger by adding another pattern repeat, I also wanted a fold over 2x2 cuff - but I didn't ...