Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Knitting Knotes - Denim Cables Pom Pom Hat


I had about 100g of yarn left from the Denim Cables Jumper and I decided to make a pom pom hat, I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I made this one up. I do like the hat but I didn't have enough yarn to make a giant pom pom, which seem to be all the rage at the moment. I do have some pink aran left over from another jumper, so I might do a variation of this pattern, with matching gloves or mittens - watch this space.......

Yarn: James C Brett Aran - 100g
Needles: 4.5mm (straight or dpns or circular) + a cable needle + stitch marker

You can do this hat on whichever needles you prefer - but you will have a seam if you use the straights.

Cast on 80sts - place marker at the start.
K2 P2 rib for 30 rows
Increase to 104 sts on the next row.

If doing this on straight needles increase 1 st each end of the first row as an edge stitch for sewing up - this way the pattern won't be destroyed. Knit this stitch.

Pattern is over 6 rows:

Row 1 - P4 K4 P4 K4 etc to end
Row 2 - as set
Row 3 - P4 Cable 4 back (place next 2 stitches onto a cable needle and place at the back, K2 from needle then K2 from cable needle) to end.
Row 4 - as set
Row 5 - as set
Row 6 - as set

Knit 36 rows
Decrease for crown.

Row 1 - P2 tog x2, K4, P2 tog x 2, K4 etc

Row 2 - as set

Row 3 - P2 tog, Cable 4 back, P2 tog etc to end

Row 4 - as set

Row 5 - K2 tog to end

Row 6 - P2 tog to end

Row 7 - K2 tog to end

Row 8 - draw through remaining stitches.

To finish:

Sew up seam if done on straights.

Make a pom pom and attach.

Sew in all ends.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...