Monday, 16 February 2015

Crochet Notes - Summer Garden Picnic Blanket - Round 5

The 11 x 11 round


Here it is on the fleecy backing blanket and hopefully still looking random. It is a very addictive and therapeutic project. People often ask me how I find the time to knit and crochet and I suppose the answer is simple - I watch far too much TV. I am very selective in what I watch and I find I can't just sit and watch TV, I need something to do. I guess some people will just sit and have a coffee and browse through a magazine, nine times out of ten when I'm having a coffee, I'm being crafty as well.



This time I just made a heap of inner circles and when I had over the 40 I needed for the round I positioned them, put them in order on a knitting needle and then did the white joining frame.

However I tried to make sure each row had at least two blues, two greens, two pinks, two purples and a red.

Lined up and ready to be attached. 
You can see that I'm nearly on the edge with the narrower sides of the rectangle. 

I have decided to go right round again, rather than finish and do a border, however I will attach a few squares either side and try it out on the blanket. If it does go over the edge then I won't go right round, I'll just concentrate on the two ends and the picnic blanket will be almost finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just like you. I can't sit and do nothing. I like to keep my hands busy all the time. The blanket is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...