Monday, 16 March 2015

Crochet Notes - Granny Hex 'lap' gan



Yarn to be used up. 


I decided to use up another batch of odds and ends that have the same colour way as my lounge and I fancied a hexagon shaped lapgan. I used Granny Hexagon Afghan which is available on Ravelry for free and so the the Granny Hex'lap'gan was born.

I did the usual join as you go method, rather that the joining method on the pattern, this was because I wanted more of the oatmeal to show.

Two rounds done. 

I bought a lilac yarn and a sparkly grey yarn to bump up the amount of yarn available.

Close Up
For the border I just did one round continuing in the same two treble grouping style.
Finished Granny Hex'lap'gan 

In its place - and you can see it works perfectly with other colours in the room 


1 comment:

  1. All the purple certainly brightens everything up and brings it together, the granny blanket is pretty but so too are your cushions. I am not sure about the book by the way - are you enjoying it? It's a bit odd for me to read in this (diary type) format I think but I will persevere as I am aiming to read a book a week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Celtic Beanie

Using the pattern  Oxenhope  I made this bigger by adding another pattern repeat, I also wanted a fold over 2x2 cuff - but I didn't ...