Saturday, 30 May 2015

Out and About - Vidin, Bulgaria

When I became a teacher I didn't think it would be a job involving travel, but it seems to have worked out that way. Apart from a variety of places in the UK, I have also been to France, Belgium, Germany, Philippines, Poland and now Bulgaria.

My colleague's husband was working in Vidin and from that connection we have made a link with a school there. This half-term we took 16 students to visit the school and the surrounding area and I was blown away by how stunning the geology was. Take a look at this........................



The River Danube running between Bulgaria and Romania at this point - you can see a bridge on the left linking the two.



Here we are going across the bridge to Romania for dinner one evening - lovely view of the Danube here.

Next is a little tour round Vidin.

17th Century Church

Synagogue - now in ruins.

Stunning building


Finally - the most amazing views of the Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress - I'm still amazed that this is in Europe and I never knew.








Oh - and let's not forget the beautiful Magura Caves - these were out of this world - but my camera doesn't do them justice.


I feel very privileged to have had the chance to visit this corner of Europe and we only saw a small fraction. 

3 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. How lucky you are to be able to travel to this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what beautiful photos! I've never been to Europe, but would love to visit one of these days. So many beautiful things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buly, Florida USA5 September 2015 at 17:29

    Nice photos. I was born and grew up there. It was a beautiful small town

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...