Monday, 7 March 2016

Hat, Sock, Cowl





I bought this yarn (Viking of Norway Aurora) in Bergen and made some gorgeous squishy socks using Kim Goddard - Beginner Socks. This was the pattern I used to make my first ever socks back in 2010 (see them here) and this time I ribbed the cuff and the top of the foot. I had a lot of yarn left over so I made a hat using two patterns: Cloud 9 for the structure and Blooming Heather for the Fairisle pattern. I haven't made a pom pom yet - but I might..







I received a ball of Adriafil Pastello in a yarn swap ages ago and wasn't sure what to do with it - then I had an idea to do a cowl. To be honest it's more of a roll neck - but it looks nice and will keep me warm.

I cast on 20sts on 10mm needles and did stocking stitch, winding the yarn round twice on every third knit row.



1 comment:

  1. You have made some lively things. I particularly like the hat and the way the colours work out.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Vienna Christmas Market Hat

I'm off to Vienna Christmas Market next week with a group of lovely ladies. My cousin, who is one of the ladies, jokingly asked me to m...