Sunday, 15 May 2016

Up-cycling, bags and socks

I have had a travel wallet that I have used for years now, I got it from a Euro-camp holiday and have used it ever since. however the grey/green cover was looking grim. So over Easter whilst I was away on holiday I bought some Aran weight cotton, a crochet hook and a darning needle (yes I know I should have taken these things!) and set about revamping the wallet. Here are the results - I was quite pleased if I do say so myself.



New travel wallet with camera pouch. 



Also on holiday I was working on these gorgeous Aurora Socks, with some Viking yarn I bought in Bergen. I finished them just the other day and I do love the self striping colours.



Last November I went to a Christmas market in Bremen, Germany and bought a little tote bag which has been up-cycled. I used the poppies and daisies pattern by Val Piece.






I also had this canvas tote bag which was crying out for an up-cycle. So I found all of my spring-like colours, the result is a very fresh and funky shopping/marking bag.

Side 1 with phone pouch.

Side 2 with phone pouch.
I have also begun a little summer t-shirt top, it will be mostly stocking stitch with the Chinese lantern pattern across the top.




1 comment:

  1. It's good to catch up with you. The travel wallet looks great - a lovely fresh new look. The colour of the socks is gorgeous, it reminds of the Northern Lights.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Knitting Knotes - Celtic Beanie

Using the pattern  Oxenhope  I made this bigger by adding another pattern repeat, I also wanted a fold over 2x2 cuff - but I didn't ...