Saturday, 15 October 2016

Crochet Notes - Idaho Falls Hat and Cowl


Idaho Falls

I was very lucky this Easter to be able to do a road trip with my hubby around Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. The main purpose was to go to Yellowstone and see bears - which we did - real live bears, wolves, coyotes and so many elk and bison - amazing times.

Along the way I picked up some yarn in Idaho Falls - at a Walmart actually. I also went to the most amazing yarn store in Ogden, Utah, but more about that another time.

I picked up 2 balls of  Caron, Simply Soft Paints - Oceana (100g each) and have just made a hat and cowl ready for my next venture into more northern regions than suburban London very soon.



The cowl was made using a feather and fan crochet pattern found here on Ravelry.
Using 5mm hook I chained 136 sts and did 8 pattern repeats.



For the hat I used this pattern but I only did the rib body not the rib band. The body was 30cm long before I decreased for the crown - which took 5 rounds. I used a 4.5mm circular needle.


Here are some photos of the gorgeous Idaho Falls.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Venetian Glass Afghan

Interior design problem On our recent trip to Venice we bought a stunning vase that we loved but it didn't really go in any of our ro...