Saturday, 5 November 2016

Out and About - Riga, Latvia

A Bargain Weekend Escape





My friend and I recently managed to escape to Riga for the weekend courteous of Ryan Air. Whilst there we took the opportunity to see the ballet Peer Gynt at the National Opera House. This was my first ballet, we were in the second row and it was stunning. 

The ballet itself was 26 Euros, we paid £55 for the flight and £43 for two nights B and B, airport parking was £24 each and airport transfer was 15 Euros each. This makes a total of £122 and 41 Euros each for a weekend break and a night at the ballet. In comparison, to get second row seats at the English National Opera House is £125 plus £12 for a travel card.)

Here is a little tour round Riga. 




The Lutheran spire






View from the top of the Lutheran spire. 



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous bargain break. It looks so interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Milky Buttons Bag

Cream Cotton DK Black DK 3.75mm hook Black retail bag. I used the Pinwheel Circle for the front and back - making 18 of them (ad...