Sunday, 16 April 2017

Knitting Knotes - Roxy



Roxy


Back in 2015 I made Eros which was my version of Marie Wallin's Eos. I have worn this jumper a lot, so I decided I would make another version with a different pattern. I decided to use Wendy Supreme Luxury Chunky Cotton again because I like the jewel colours.

This time I chose the lace pattern from Elegant Lacy Vest.

Finished Measurements are:

Length: 67cm
Chest: 116cm
Length to arm: 45cm

Yarn: Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton 11 x 100g = 1100g
Needles: 6mm, 6mm circular, 6.5mm

Instructions:

Back:

6mm - Cast on 82 sts, 2x2 rib, 16 rows, increase 1 st each end on last row.

Change to 6.5mm - begin lace pattern which is 12sts over 16 rows.

At row 59 - decrease for armholes.
Cast off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
Dec 1 st each end of next and following 4 alt rows = 70 sts.***

Continue in pattern to row 93. Divide for neck and shape shoulder -22 / 26 / 22.
##
Row 93 - cast off 6 sts - pattern 16 turn (I put the middle 26 on a holder at this point).
Row 94 - put 2 sts on a pin - complete row.
Row 95 - cast off 7 sts - pattern to end.
Row 96 - put 2 sts on a pin pattern to end.
Cast off.

Rejoin yarn and match the other side.

Front:

Same as back to ***

Continue to row 81. Divide for neck - 27 / 16 / 27.
Row 81 - pattern 27 turn. (I put the middle 16 on a holder at this point).
Row 82 - Decrease 1 st at neck edge on next 5 alt rows = row 92.

Row 93 - shape shoulder as for back from ##

Sleeves:

Using 6mm - cast on 30sts 2 x 2 8 rows. Increase 5 sts evenly on last row.

Change to 6.5mm
Work in stocking stitch (or pattern if you prefer).
Inc 1 st each end of 3rd row = 37 sts.
Inc 1 st each end of 6th row x 4 = 45sts.
Inc 1 st each ed of 8th row x 4 = 53 sts.
Knit 5 rows (dependeing on arm length you could miss this out).
Cast off 2 sts at the beg of next 2 rows.
Dec 1 st each end of next row.
Dec 1 st each end of alt rows to 43 sts.
Dec 1 st each end of next row = 41 sts.
Cast off.

Neck:

Using 6mm circular.
Pick up 96sts as follows:
From the front - 19 down each side of neck and 16 from the middle.
From the back - 8 down each side of the neck and 26 from the middle.

2 rows 2x2 rib.
On the next 8 rows decrease 1st each side of the shoulder seam (4sts in total per row).
Rib 1 row.
Cast off loosely in rib.

Sew up.

Elegant Lacy Vest - the pattern used for the lace. 


I have also recently finished these socks.

Love Heart Lines

I used Sirdar Heart and Sole and Ocean Lines pattern by Jane Burns.

As it is Easter Sunday - here are some spring pics from my garden.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate it if you can take time to comment - I love to read other people's thoughts and ideas.
Take care x

Crochet Notes - Vera

I was asked by my friend to use up the yarn that her nan (Vera) had been knitting before she passed, to make something for her mum. Quite a...